Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Time to catch up

Okay, so I know I'm a total slacker. I only really have time to catch up every once in a while. I am in the office today, and I had a few minutes between work and home stuff, so I thought I'd write a little bit to catch up.

Matt has been working hard in the garage to finally get things organized. He hung some cool storage up on the ceiling that you can crank down and keep stuff stored up high. He hung the bikes up, and the stroller. It is awesome, because I might actually get to park the car in there sometime before--SPRING! That might be a really exciting thing!

I have just been adjusting to 3 kids. Crazy. Things are going along, but some days my patience runs out before the hours in the day do. I have enjoyed the kids though. They do some cute things that make me laugh. And there never seems to be enough time. I don't know why but this winter has seemed interminably long. Most winters are great, but I just can't seem to get spring and summer here fast enough. I think it has something to do with kids trapped in the house.

Jullian has been doing well. The honeymoon is over, and some days are tougher than others. It is hard some days, and I can definitely see the difference in children that you have from birth versus children you have to start over with. Sometimes I assume he knows certain things, and my frustration rises when he just looks at me and asks, "What do I do now?"- Know what I mean?

Christian is well, and cute as ever. She has really gotten good riding a little scooter her cousin gave her, and she gets booking on that thing. She had a little visit to the ER the other week. Matt was getting his shoes on, and she fell somehow underneath him. He doesn't know if she hit her head on the shoe cubbies, or just the floor. She was holding her coat, and he is not sure if it was on her head, or around her shoulders, or what, but the upshot is that she cracked her noggin open. We had to go and get three "stitchies". She was such a trooper. She had quit crying before we even got to the car, and she only cried when the doctor stuck the needle in to shoot the numby stuff. She got a blanket, a stuffed animal, and some candy. She came out thinking that wasn't such a bad place. This is a pic you can kind of see the stiches.

Amelia was the same way that same week when we made her visit to the ER too. She had been barfing the night before, and cried most of the rest of it. So, when 7 am rolled around, we finally decided we needed to take her in. I thought she may have swallowed something because I found a partially eaten piece of stick. Just my luck she would've done it too. She's at that stage where everything gets put in her mouth. But, they did X-rays, and found that there was nothing there, and then the doc says, "Can I check her ears and throat?" I said sure, and he proceeded to see that she had a double ear infection. He then told me that would definitely be the cause of the barfing, and the crying. He asked if she had had any kind of a fever. I told him no, and that neither baby has gotten fevers either with ears, or teeth coming. I am always the lucky mother that way. This pic is the little O2 saturation thing. They had to put it on her toe. I thought it was so cute.

The funniest/worst part is that I took Amelia in on Tues., then Mom fell on Sat. and by Mon. I had to take her in to the ER for her broken foot - fun for her - and then on Thurs. I was back with Christian for the head. What a week or so that was. We had a great Christmas, and as soon as I get pics downloaded again I will tell you more about that. Otherwise, I know I always say it, but I will try to keep posted. Take care!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Whootwhoo!! I love it when you post! So sorry about the ER visits!

Shallay said...

That is quite the rush of emergency's! Don't 'they' say things happen in threes...

Misty said...

Loved the recap. Your kids are adorable. Miss you guys. :)

Wendy said...

Molly, we'd like to invite you guys to our sealing. Can you send me your email? richharts@msn.com
Thanks tons!